- Peel and dice the eggplant and fry it in 3 tbsp. of olive oil.
- Drain and dice the mozzarella, and add it to the diced eggplant.
- Season with salt, pepper, oregano and basil.
To make the sauce:
- Use 3 tbsp. of oil, chopped onion, tomato puree, basil and salt.
- Simmer for 15 min, than add the half bouillon cube dissolved in a little milk.
Using a steam basket, cook the De Cecco Egg Fettuccine nests in boiling, salted water for 5 minutes.Than lift them out carefully and place them individually on a layer of the tomato sauce in a casseruole dish.
Divide the eggplant and mozzarella mixture into equal portions, one for the center of each nest, topping it off with the grated parmesan cheese , melted butter and the remaining tomato sauce.
Place the dish in a 392° F oven (200°C) and brown. Serve hot.