· 1/2 stick (1/4 cup) unsalted butter
· 1 cup blue cornmeal
· 1/4 cup boiling water
· 6 Tablespoons Gran Cucina™ Green Chili Dip Mix
· 1 1/2 cups sour cream
· 2 large eggs
· 1 pound cream cheese, softened
· 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
· 1 cup grated Monterey Jack cheese (about 4 ounces)
· 1 1/2 cups grated sharp Cheddar (about 6 ounces)
· 1 tablespoon minced fresh dill leaves
· 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
· 1/2 papaya
· 1 garlic clove
· 1/2 cup finely chopped red onion
· 1/2 red bell pepper
· 1 tablespoon chopped fresh cilantro
· 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
Preheat oven to 325°F.
Melt butter and in a bowl stir together with cornmeal and water. Press mixture onto bottom of a 10-inch springform pan.
In a food processor blend sour cream Gran Cucina™ Green Chili Dip Mix and eggs. Add cream cheese and butter and blend until smooth. Transfer mixture to a bowl and stir in chiles, cheeses, dill, cilantro, and salt to taste. Pour filling over crust and bake in middle of oven 45 minutes, or until center is just set. Cool cheesecake completely in pan on a rack.
Peel and seed papaya and coarsely chop (you will have about 1 cup). Mince garlic. In a bowl stir together papaya, garlic, onion, bell pepper, cilantro, vinegar, and salt and pepper to taste.
Serve cheesecake with salsa.