Italco carries several of these ingredients, in various brands and sizes. Please see "Related Items", to the right, for ingredients used in this recipe.
- 4 slices Schaller and Weber bacon
- 2 onions (chopped)
- 2 carrots (chopped)
- 2 celery stalks (chopped)
- 1 lb. green split peas, soaked overnight
- 43.5 oz chicken broth, double strength
- 43.5 oz water
- 1 bay leaf
- 4 Schaller and Weber frankfurters, sliced
- salt and pepper to taste
In a sauce pan cook bacon until it starts to brown, add onions, carrots and celery, and sauté until vegetables are lightly brown. Add the split peas, chicken broth, water, and bay leaf. Bring to boil and simmer on low heat one hour. Add frankfurters, season with salt and pepper to taste and continue simmering for ten minutes.